We aim to visit Forest School as often as possible. Please be aware that sometimes the conditions in Forest School mean a visit is not possible.
‘Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers all children regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.’ Forest School Association
At Overton we have a dedicated Forest School outdoor classroom that children visit every other week. Learning within Forest School can be as a stand alone activity or linked to learning taking place within other subjects.
As part of their lessons children are:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world